Awarded over $530,000 in our inaugural grant cycle!
Overarching Guidelines: Successful grant requests will focus on specific discrete programs or projects that best:
- Fall within Disabling Barriers’ mission statement
- Fall within one of our six funding areas
- Prioritize unmet needs of individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities (I/DD)
- Result in measurable impacts to individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities (I/DD)
- Are performance/outcome focused
- Demonstrate program or project viability/sustainability
Eligible to Apply
- The grant project/program must take place within and serve individuals residing in Southern Colorado, in accordance with our mission statement.
- Organization is 501(c)(3) as designated by the IRS or State and local Government entities who serve our target population. This includes:
• Recognized governmental entities including state, county, or city agencies that serve our target population
• Educational facilities, such as K-12 public, private, or charter schools or school districts and higher education institutions
Ineligible to Apply
- For-profit organizations
- Candidates for political office or political organizations
- Debt retirement
- Medical or scientific research
- Sponsorships, tables, or tickets for events
Request Amount: For requests exceeding $100K, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can learn more about your organization and potential request.
Timing: Our grant cycle will open on August 1st, 2022 and close on August 31st, 2022.
Deadline: All applications must be received before August 31st, 2022 at 11:59pm MST for funding consideration.
Review Period: All grant requests that meet the eligibility requirements will be considered for review in September.
Notification: It is our goal to notify applicants of request decision by November, 30th 2022.
Payments: First funds distributions are expected to be made in December, 2022/January, 2023.
- Disabling Barriers (DB) will consider grant requests for the following grant types:
- Programs (discrete projects)
- Equipment only
- Capital requests
- All grant requests must align with our organization’s mission statement and ideally will fall into one of our six funding areas (please note that listing an alternate focus area is an option within the application, should your request align with DB’s mission, it will be considered equally).
- Please note that we do not require a Letter of Intent, as such, an applicant has full access to the application immediately and can do so by following the steps below.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Go to our online grant portal via this link
Step 2: You will need to create an account unless you already have one, then you will login
Step 3: Pay close attention to all required questions and feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com if you have any questions (please note responses may take up to 2 business days).
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org